Yes I know... I'm the worst blogger ever. Its been almost 2 months since I last did a post , how bad is that? Hopefully this will change when I come back from holiday. Yup , remember that beautiful photo I showed you , well I'm off to Zante today! I shall be leaving in the next 10 mins so I best make this quick! I just thought I'd give you a quick update of what I've been doing. I've been extremely busy with college , the deadline is coming up! And I am shitting my pants because I am no where near finished , despite the fact that I haven't done a blog in 2 months. Which is very annoying. Posts to look forward to are.......
- 1950's finished skirt and stretch top , made by yours truly
- My amaziinggg time in Paris!
- My amaazzzinnggg time in Weymouth!
- And When I get back from Zante , my 'hopefully amazzinnggg' time in Zante!
Hope you're all doing well! I shall see you in a week my dears!
Love Sophie <3
Friday, 8 March 2013
Ahhh... Its Friday , I love Fridays, It's the one day a week where I don't have college or work , just a day to do whatever I like! :) I think I've had a rather productive day! I've written a letter to my wonderful cousin Georgina , finished some college work and done the 30 day shred work out DVD , which is a killer by the way! I need to get a bikini bod for when I go to Zante in May. I know what your thinking, Zante? As in the mad clubbing area? Nope, I'm too much of a granny for that :P I'm
going a nice little area called Tsilivi...
Isn't it beautiful!?!?!? I canny wait to go, its been way to long since I went abroad!
So here's what I wore to work the other day! Yes its all Newlook again (apart from the shoes, naughty me) But I have to wear it for work so please don't shout at me? :)
Hope you're all okay! I'm going to carry on with my productive Friday, sadly I can't go out anywhere due to this awful rain. Atleast it looks pretty outside from my bed eh?
Till next time...
Thursday, 7 March 2013
The Liebster award is a way of advertising bloggers with under 200 followers. If you get nominated you can then choose 11 other bloggers to pass on the award. Which in turn can write 11 things about themselves, answer 11 questions and ask 11 more!
The lovely blogger Betti from the blog torchthetreasure nominated me! Yes this is the same weird and wonderful lady that came down to stay with me and my sister. She is awesome , check out her blog peeps!
10 things about me!
1) I have been a vegetarian for almost 7 months and don't miss meat one bit. I had tried to quit many times before that , The Smiths Meat is Murder videos always put me off and I would say I'm no longer eating meat... and then the next day I would be eating a sausage sandwich. It wasn't until I went to a farm when I was on holiday in Weymouth that it really kicked in. Just the thought that these animals will one day be killed for me to eat made me feel really sick.
2) In my spare time I love to play my guitar. I've been playing for almost 2 years. I often consider recording myself and adding a video to show you guys. But always wuss out and delete the video after :P Who knows one day I might just pluck up the courage to do one!
3) I am an air head. Seriosuly , every day I say something that is ridiculous and dopey and silly. For example one day I thought our current queen was called princess diana. Yup , thats how stupid I am.
4) When I was younger I used to enter singing competitions , then the one day I sang and forgot to bring my backing track. I sang so awful and out of tune. It embarrassed the hell out of me and I havnt entered a competition since. :P
5) When I was 9 I chopped my finger off in a door at school. Which is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me as it resulted in me gaining £7000 when I'm 18! Which is in 8 months! :D YAY, I would happily do it to another finger, the thing is I didn't even chop off any bone it was literally just the tip of my finger. Sorry if I'm making any of you feel a little sick, talking about my finger being chopped off. But whenever I tell anyone about it they are always quite shocked so I thought it would be interesting to share! :P
6) I have a bit of an addiction to tattoos. I have 2 tattoos and I'm not even 18 yet. I'm allready planning my next tattoo but I've mad a vow to not get another one until I'm 18!
7) I have a bit of an obsession for making lists. I make lists for everything! lists of things I want to do in my life , lists for what I need to buy , what I need to get done in the day , cd's I want to buy, you name it , I've made a list for it. Its quite strange...
8) I say 'I love it' way to much. I must say it atleast 5 times a day.
9) I have a bit of an obsession with owls... (hence why my blog is called the weird owl). Anything with an owl on I am drawn to. Also a lot of my friends say I look like an owl , maybe I was one in past life? :P
|Heres what I got for my last birthday! :)|
11) I wish my life had a theme tune. It would make some moments in life so much better. I just want my life to be like a movie... :P
1) If you were God for a day, what's the first thing you would do?
Hmmmmm... thats a tough one , I could do anything couldn't I? I would probably get rid of all the stupid illnesses people can come down with. Everyone would have a happy and healthy life. Theres no need for sadness and pain is there really. I also think it would be amazing if we had a superhero , or if we all had some sort of power thing?! Yeah I went through a faze where I was addicted to Smallville.... But then again if we had a superhero we'd need bad guys? and if I was god I could just get rid of all the evil people in the world. So yeah superhero wouldn't really work would it. Oh I'd make us all fly! I'd love to fly :) Aha , all the things I could do if I was god and I would make people fly... I'd make a great god! :P
2) What's the best book you've ever read?
To be honest I haven't read many books which is quite sad. I really do need to read more! The small amount of books I've read are usually girly romance books or Vampire/werewolf ones. I really loved the Twilight books but I read them after the film so it kind of ruined them a bit because I knew what was going to happen. My favorite book is probably the 'I heart' books. I got the first one free with a magazine its called I heart Newyork. I became addicted to it and couldn't put it down. Its about a girl running away to Hollywood after she finds her husband to be cheating on her. She meets this super cool guy in a band and it all goes from there really, I reccomend you read it! If you know of any good books I should read then please let me know! :D
3) What is your favourite internet meme/Youtube video?
Me and my family often have nights where we put funny youtube videos on, but I dont think I can pick a favorite its too hard! I did see this video the once though that really inspired me.... I tried to find the video but sadly I cant , what a failure. So heres a video of a baby panda sneezing! Never fails to make me laugh :P
4) Tell us something about you that we'd never guess from reading your blog.
When I was about 4 I went through a stage of watching Titanic everyday. I think that's quite weird considering most girls my age were watching Telletubies.
5) What's the biggest goal you'd like to achieve by the end of this year?
I'd like to finish my first year at college with a good grade! Oh and I want to have done all the things on my list of things to do before I turn 18! :P
6) What/who are the top three people or things who inspire your style, and why?
Theres never a day that goes by where a blogger doesn't inspire me , I usually look through the outfits on Chictopia too! Everyday people inspire me mostly... not so much when I go shopping in Walsall but especially when I go to Birmingham. I always see really cool people that make me want to buy even more clothes!
7) What's your musical guilty pleasure?
I have a slight weekness for cheesy musical songs. I always find myself randomly singing them at the top of my voice.
8) What fashion trend makes you want to vomit?
I hate hate HATE the 'geek' and 'dweeb' and 'lucky' tops. You know , those tops. Just pure chav tops. I'm not a big fan of neon things either.
9) David Cameron - Britains saviour or plastic-faced twat?
I didnt even know who this man was until I just googled him.
10) If you had a time-travelling teleportation device, where would you most like to go? It can be anywhere, past, present or future.
Probably back to like the 1950's/1960's. I love old fashioned films , like the Notebook. I would kill to live in that era. I could also see my nan and grandad when they were young! :)
11) Where do you lie on the political compass? /test :
I dont even know what this means , but I did eenie meenie miney mo on about 10 questions because I didn't understand a thing it meant! :P
1) Whats the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?
2) If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?
3) What do you like to do in your spare time?
4) If you had 3 wishes , what would they be?
5) What kind of music are you into?
6) What is your most prized possession?
7) Whats the craziest thing you've ever done?
8) If you were reincarnated into an animal which animal would it be?
9) Where do you hope to be in 10 years time?
10) Whats your biggest fear?
11) Do you have a guilty crush? If not , who is your celebrity crush?
Georgina at ohhhiya
Tanya at what-tanya-did
Betti at torchthetreasure
Abbie at abbie
Beth at bethretro
Scotty at kittenasacat
Emma at niftylittlenumber
Jade at peachykeen
Sylvie at stylesylvie
Friday, 1 March 2013
Welcome to the Aroboretum! The nicest place you will ever find in the area of Walsall, whenever I go there I feel like I've escaped my town just for a little while. I don't go there anywhere near enough!
The sun decided to come out for a little while yeterday (Finally) , so to make the most of it me and my sisters decided to take my niece down to the arbo to feed the ducks, So I thought it would be a great opportunity to take some outfit pics! Makes a nice change to have a pretty background rather than my garden gate... :P
I am wearing...
Top - Vintage Cow
Skirt - Newlook
Belt - Newlook
Shoes - ~Forever 21
Socks - Riverisland
Owl Bag - Ebay
Here is my wonderful £5 top from Cow that I bought recently. It's such a funky shirt , I feel a little like I'm in a Circus when I wear it :P Also , I'm pretty certain that the ties are meant to be made into a bow
tie , but one problem , I dont have the slightest clue of how to make bow ties! :S Help?
I'm not too sure if I've ever introduced you to my all time favorite bag? I think it was around £10 from ebay. I like to think that its an owl (beings as I have a huge obsession with owls), some people don't know what it is , they think its a cat or a fox ? Which annoys me slightly. :P
In other news I have once again been to the wonderful town of Birmingham! Yes, more shopping already. I did say to myself just get £40 out the bank , you'll be able to get some nice vintage bargains with that. Did this go to plan ? nope. It even got up to the point where my card got declined. Cringe.
I shan't be showing you these lovely items for a while as I am saving them for when I go to Paris. Yes, Paris! In less than a months time I shall be roaming around the streets of Paris with my mahoosive camera, like a well and true tourist. Words cannot explain how excited I am :D My only worry is that I'm going with my college , and I really want to be able to explore and go places! Think I will cry if were under strict rules , I shall just have to sneak away! Mwahahaha
Hope you're all okay!
Till next time...
Love Sophie <3
Monday, 25 February 2013
Hello Fellow Bloggers!
So life is back to normal now... My days consist of college and work, why cant shopping just be my job? But I suppose we all have to get on with it!
So here are the jeans and hair bow I bought the other day! I paired them with my vintage cow top , I don't believe I have shown you this yet? I have no idea why because it is a bloody amazing top! ...Along with my fake converse which are starting to fall apart , I think that shows just how much I wear them. They have got to be the comfiest shoes I own. It will be very sad to have to say goodbye... Jewellery wise I wore my all time handy necklace my nan and grandad got me. It goes with absolutely everything, I think I'm going to keep it forever <3
As you all know I went to The Courteeners concert the other night, was mental by the way! I shall be doing a blog post on it pretty soon hopefully! So look out for that :D
I'm going to leave you for now , I am off to Zumba!
Till next time...
Saturday, 23 February 2013
First of all I now have Chocolatey Brown Hair! Thanks to my wonderful cousin. I was getting very bored of my hair, its been the same for years now. I really wanted to get a short blunt cut but everyone would kill me for chopping off all my hair. So I thought why not dye it?
As you know the other day me and my cousin went to Birmingham , our day didn't go to plan at all , we woke up late , forgot to do our packed lunch , and didn't charge the camera. So much for showing you all the lovely vintage shops in Birmingham eh? Although luckily we did get a quick shot of the most recent vintage shop we have discovered.
Its such a cute shop and the owner is lovely! Be sure to go there if you ever go to Birmingham.Its pretty easy to find aswell , its located in the Digbeth area along with Cow, Urban Village and Mr Birdy's :D
So here are some purchases from my spree!
Cardigan - Vintage clothing - £5
All from Cow from the 2 for £10 rail! Bargain.
Shirt - Cow - 2 for £10
Jeans - Forever 21 - £20
Skirt - Newlook - £17
Hair Bow - Newlook - £3
Earrings - Forever 21 - £3.50
How cute are these?! I have a huge obsession with postcards. One day I shall have to show you my collection.
So there you have it , all in which came to just under £80. I think we had a rather successful shopping spree , expect a post soon so you can see these wonderful garments on!
In other news I am going to see the Courteeners in concert tonight! Words cannot explain how excited I am , although its a bit of a bummer because the rest of my family are coming down from Weymouth tonight and this is the last night my cousin shall be down. :( Sad times for me.
I'll leave you with one of my fave songs by The Courteeners.
Love Sophie <3